Sometimes, only handful of things, the usual fare out of your pantry or refrigerator shelves, are enough to create most memorable of your meals. This dinner of ours on a weekday night was one such. The recipe is really crisp, so I will keep my preface the same to match it. Just two words- Classic delight 🙂
2 servings of noodles (cooked al dente, as per the directions)
About 8-10 mushrooms (I used baby bella)
1 white onion
Handful of spring onion/ Scallion
1 inch of ginger
4-5 cloves of garlic
2-3 green chili peppers
Olive oil to stir fry (about 3-4 tablespoons)
Tamari sauce to taste
Vinegar to taste
- Heat a wok. Swirl it with dashes of olive oil for stir-frying
- On high heat, fry thinly chopped green chili peppers, garlic cloves, and julienned ginger, till fragrant.
- Add half-sliced onion, over it till it turns translucent.
- Add sliced mushrooms and fry till slightly seared. Do not cover the pan.
- Season with tamari and vinegar.
- Mix in the pre-cooked al dente noodles. Stir-fry everything for a moment.
- Sprinkle with thinly chopped scallion/ spring onion leaves and it is ready!